Everyone knows that innovation means coming up with the next great idea, right? Actually, there’s a lot more to it than that. Test your ability to separate innovation fact from fiction by answering the following questions true or false:
- Innovation is the act of coming up with new and creative ideas.
- Innovation is a random process.
- Innovation is the exclusive realm of a few naturally talented people.
- The biggest obstacle to innovation is a lack of organizational resources and know-how.
- The most important type of innovation involves bringing new products and services to market.
- Teaching employees to think creatively will guarantee innovation.
- The most powerful way to trigger your brain is to simply ask it a question.
- Most companies pursue incremental rather than disruptive innovation.
- Most companies are not structured to innovate.
- Listening to your customers is a great way to innovate.